The first four of many to come will set sail for Kenya. We are shipping state-of-the-art dairy technology to Kenya. Together with our partner The County Government of Kakamega, we wish to develop the dairy industry in Kakamega, Kenya. In a few weeks after arrival the turnkey farms, with feed, cows, farm management and franchisees will be all ready to go. The first farmers are currently going through selection training and will be fully trained when they take on their own business as smart | dairy farmer.
Apply to become a smart | dairy farmer
smart | dairy is looking for aspirational dairy farmers to become part of the smart | dairy network in Kakamega county, Kenya. Are you based in Kenya, between 25 and 35 years, have a university degree? And do you see a future in entrepreneurial diary farming? smart | dairy than invites you to complete step 1 of the 4-step selection procedure and apply.
Join the smart | dairy network
smart | dairy focuses on high growth emerging markets in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Feasibility studies are undertaken together with potential partners to ensure that the smart | dairy approach can be implemented successfully. Key criteria for success are:
- An average temperature of 25 – 30 degrees.
- Sufficient rainfall throughout the year.
- Privately owned farming land of around ten acres per farm of 25 cows.
- Possibility to set up a hub of farm units of around 25 cows.
- Infrastructure supporting development of economical and sustainable dairy farming.
- Dairy products are part of the daily diet.
- Dairy market in excess of 2,0 b litres of milk and a sizable market for high quality dairy products.
Does your region meet the key criteria for success and would you like to start a smart | dairy joint-venture, contact us.