During a ceremony on the 19th of January the Joint Venture Contract between Kakamega Dairy Development Company and smart | dairy Coöperatief U.A. was officially signed by H.E Hon Wycliffe Ambetsa Oparanya, Governor of Kakamega and Peter Paul Coppes of smart | dairy. The first four farms will be established in March and during the year more will follow.
Apply to become a smart | dairy farmer
smart | dairy is looking for aspirational dairy farmers to become part of the smart | dairy network in Kakamega county, Kenya. Are you based in Kenya, between 25 and 35 years, have a university degree? And do you see a future in entrepreneurial diary farming? smart | dairy than invites you to complete step 1 of the 4-step selection procedure and apply.
Join the smart | dairy network
smart | dairy focuses on high growth emerging markets in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Feasibility studies are undertaken together with potential partners to ensure that the smart | dairy approach can be implemented successfully. Key criteria for success are:
- An average temperature of 25 – 30 degrees.
- Sufficient rainfall throughout the year.
- Privately owned farming land of around ten acres per farm of 25 cows.
- Possibility to set up a hub of farm units of around 25 cows.
- Infrastructure supporting development of economical and sustainable dairy farming.
- Dairy products are part of the daily diet.
- Dairy market in excess of 2,0 b litres of milk and a sizable market for high quality dairy products.
Does your region meet the key criteria for success and would you like to start a smart | dairy joint-venture, contact us.